Louis K Wang
Visual artist , journalist, filmmaker and an art educator. This is the online entity that presents some of his works and essays in college and exhibitions.
My research focused on creative culture and entertainment economy which later termed as parts of the “Culture and Creative Industry”to the business society and international trade.
It is used to take technologiesas the main driving force to make economy move on. From my point of view, however, creative culture indeed is the core of the trend of driving force. People of creative mind, who can reshape the culture, play the vital part of the creative industry as well as the economy system. Technological things are only tools for idea. to When creatives lead culture movement they also turn the table of the economy game.
Those are creaivepreneurs that reshape the culture by art movement, through the technology, media or arts. However, does these developments revolve into the good or bad direction?
During the process, how many cultural artifacts such as artworks, media contents or political issues are generated?
Could those things be a good examples or paradigm for next generation of responsive professionals?
All answers could be badly needed to study and research.
People nowadays are complaining the Earth unbalanced by the industrialization. Could the topic of nature power or soul searching be the answers for these potential catastrophes?
That is the brief of my concentration so far. Most of my research are made in Chinese Mandarin. Some are made for international community. If you occasionally come over and would like drop by my institute located in Beijing，please contact me by click here. Thanks.
- Director, Center of Culture Creatives & Advertisement, Beijing(2018)
- Organizer of Rural Mix 2017 , Exhibition “Winter Garden”, the Pastoral .
- i+ Media arts presentation which concept adopted by ABC’s art channel “ivew” (2014)
- Organized “RuralMix” art events for people to better understand how to live with the nature enviroment.(2012)
- Visiting scholar in Central University of Finance and Economics (Beijing),Academy of Creative and Innovation. Also, offer two major courses, Culture Policy & Law” and “Economy & Art Management”, at its school of Culture and Communication. (2007~2010)
- Independent producer & digital filmmaking on documentaries & streaming medias for academy & art projects of NGO/UNESCO.(2008)
- Director & producer of a documentary film “Toward Independency” (2006)
- 2004Assistant Professor at Mingdao University (Taiwan),(2003~2006)
- Visiting scholar at Shanghai University, presenting essay “Entertainment Industry as an Important Force of Economy Development”.(2004)
- Pioneer of digital filmmaking on the web which later ion called micro movie.(2002)
- Program & curriculum developer at National Taiwan University of Art. Also, offering courses at its film programs.(2001~2003)
- Digital Curator on documentary film “Modeling Taiwan”.(2001)
- Professional Instructor at Pratt Institute, Manhattan, NYC.(1999~2000)
- Techno-art Instructor at Human Resource and Technology Institute located in World Trade Center, NYC, offering training programs for local artists and technicians. This program was granted by New York State Department of Education. (1998~1999)
- Animation World Network Joined artist, presenting character “Ingo Burgher” from Subtown League.
- Media artist, presenting video artworks in an exhibition “Techno-Art” .(1997)
- Awarded best merit of filmmaking from NYIT (1996)
- News reporter and photo journalist at News Weekly, covering stories on political issues , social events and entrainment gossip.(1990~1994)
- Best Merit of TV Production awarded by Information Bureau of ROC(1988)
- Best merit of Photojournalist awarded by Association of Journalist in Taipei(1987).